26 March 2015
North Queensland Open
The inaugural North Queensland Open Weightlifting Tournament was a great success. Forty-four competitors from Cairns, Townsville, Airlie Beach and Mackay stepped onto the platform at the Mates4Mates Centre, Townsville, last Saturday.
The competition was conducted in four age groups for men and women – Youth, Junior, Senior; and Masters – with the placings determined by applying the Sinclair formula in the Youth, Junior and Senior groups; and the Malone-Meltzer and Sinclair formulas for the Masters.
The Whitsunday Weightlifting Club dominated the tournament with 16 lifters; and the Cairns Green Ants were also well represented. Many of the lifters in the NQ Open were competing for the first time; and most of those who had competed before achieved new Personal Best results.
Scott and Laura Amies and the Townsville Weightlifting Club did a great job preparing the venue, and the competition ran smoothly.
CLICK HERE for the full competition results.
2015 North Queensland Open Medalists:
2. Lily Wilson 1. Chelsea Nicoll 3. Emily Hinschen
1. Alyssa Collins
2. Kim Hoang 1. Catherine Savory 3. Holly Armstrong
2. Fiona Muxlow 1. Leanne Knox 3. Bernadette Porter
2. Corey Smith 1. Jarred Hautaniemi 3. Matthew Causer
2. Matthew Warren 1. Justice Fletcher
2. Tim Holdsworth 1. David De Rose 3. Stephen Borgna
2. Nathan Sainsbury 1. Rob Innes
Best Female Lifter: Leanne Knox (Whitsunday Weightlifting Club)
Best Male Lifter: David De Rose (Cairns Green Ants)
Published on 26 Mar 15 - 13:27